Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Cayman Cove™ cake?
- A Cayman Cove™ cake starts off with a Dark brown sugar cake, enmeshed with a rum molasses . We use real barrel aged Rum. It is topped with pecans and soaked in a secret process to make it very moist and to bring out the essence of the cake. It is finally topped with a Rum glaze and packed in a hand made wood barrel box!
- Who makes the Cayman Cove™ cake?
- Adam Matthews is the original and one and only bakery who makes every Cayman Cove™ cake. We follow a family recipe and tradition known only to a few select people and master bakers. We make the worlds finest and only Rum Barrel Cake™.
- How old do I have to be to buy or eat a Cayman Cove™ cake?
- The barrel aged Rum is the flavoring to our cake. Just like vanilla extract which has alcohol too, when our cake is baked the flavor remains, though alcohol bakes out. Our cake retains its rich Rum taste because we have developed a unique recipe process to retain the pure essence of the Rum, though without any alcohol after baking. Even though each and every cake is made with 100% barrel aged Rum for a rich molasses flavor, the alcohol bakes out in the baking process and there is less than .5% alcohol in the entire cake. So anyone of any age can buy and eat a Cayman Cove™ cake. As well it is safe to ship to all 50 United States.
- Where can I buy a Cayman Cove™ cake?
- Cayman Cove™ cakes are available at select retailers and Shop Online on-line for shipping.
- What is the shelf life of a Cayman Cove™ Rum cake?
- The shelf life if frozen is for 1 year. At room temperature (70°F) 28 days from date thawed, please keep it well wrapped or stored in an air tight container. May be kept refrigerated too.
- Do I need to refrigerate my Cayman Cove™ Rum cake?
- Once a cake is unwrapped, refrigeration will help preserve the cake and extend its freshness. We recommend wrapping it or keeping it in an airtight container.
- Where all do you ship?
- We ship all United States, Canada, South America, Japan and select countries in Europe
If you have a question or comment for us, email or call us.